People Management Training Programme
Every successful business needs core strength of character
Successful training for people managers starts with a focused appreciation of what it takes to truly understand the training essentials.
I take a keen interest in business modelling and have identified that most successful businesses strive to deliver a healthy balance between Structure, Strategy and Process. Whilst getting these three key elements right really matters, when all is said and done, what counts most is the people behind the business model.
Becoming a manager is one thing… becoming a focused, accomplished manager is quite another
When engaging as a manager in business, you are exposed to a plethora of responsibilities and can be forgiven for often firefighting your way through the day. Not healthy though is it? And of course you want to enjoy your job and find time for the fun stuff. Every successful business needs core strength of character, and that character building starts with you!
Developing your knowledgebase, upscaling your skillset and appreciating what it takes to succeed in business will keep you motivated and market ready.
I am offering a clear path to people management training, which is briefly outlined here:
A modular programme which is easy to follow and designed to be run concurrently or on a stand alone basis, depending on your individual needs. A menu for you to choose from, or if you are keen to learn more, feel free to consume and enjoy every course!
Module 1: Employee engagement and experience
- Understanding people management.
- Recognising the balance between comfort zone and challenge.
- Appreciating the importance of the person behind the job role, as well as the successful delivery of performance.
Module 2: Task distribution and working pattern model
- Practical solutions to organising efficient time management in line with business goals.
- Addressing priorities and successful planning for short, medium and long-term benefit.
- Includes management of meetings and successful ‘doing and reviewing’ techniques.
Module 3: Effective communication
- Listening: Feedback and action
- The effective cascade of key company messages. Staying current and relevant. Creating ongoing progressive and open dialogue.
- Timebound benefit. Creating understanding. Acknowledging the contribution of others. Impact and influence.
Module 4: Customer Relationship Management
- Addressing the importance of Customer Journey Milestones and the processes between them.
- Understanding the involvement and impact of all departments and disciplines.
- Creating an environment for successful customer satisfaction; both internal and external.
Module 5: Recruiting and developing talent
- Recruiting new talent: Interview techniques, selection matrices and induction programming.
- The value of respect and recognition / action planning / Plan, Do and Review methods.
- Coaching and feedback. Identifying and developing stars for successful succession planning.The importance of HR liaison.
Module 6: Business acumen for aspiring managers
- Addressing and understanding the key fundamentals of Structure, Strategy and Process.
- Problem solving and decision making.
- Diary management.
- An overview of essential commercial awareness. Managing budget constraints.
Module 7: Management responsibilities
- Motivation: nurturing team success and individual job satisfaction.
- Cultural involvement: integral thinking.
- Ethical practice in line with company standards.
- Continual development and achievable target setting.
- Nurturing growth and managing performance.
- Recognising and dealing with competency gaps.
- Change management: legislative and organic.
- Strategic perspective.
- Corporate social responsibility.
Module 8: Being an ambassador
- Representing the company ethos, its aims and values.
- Attitude and behaviour.
- Impact and influence.
- Developing relationships with external contacts / contractors / suppliers.
- Collaborating and partnering. Leading by example.
(This module also incorporates an overview of all management focus areas from the full module set).
Using the modules as a base, dovetailing in specific areas from your own wish list is what makes the modules come alive and relevant. Ideally my preference is always to tailor make a module to suit each client. It is very easy to get started and I am quite happy to chat through your preferred options with you.
Please make contact for more information by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to hearing from you.